The weather is getting cooler /colder and it's time to cozy up with a blanket and a nice bowl of this easy roasted cauliflower & potato soup. This creamy roasted cauliflower soup recipe is super delicious and comes together very quickly. It is smooth and full of flavor thanks to the roasted cauliflower. This can also be a keto low carb soup if you omit the potatoes. Cauliflower is the ultimate low-carb vegetable, it is versatile, low in carbs, can be transformed into just about anything, and it’s full of vitamins. I'm a big lover of anything cauliflower.
This soup can be a light lunch or a fulfilling dinner when you pair it with a low carb flat bread or your favorite salad. Definitely give this a try, I know you’ll love this cauliflower soup! Check out the video below!
Here's What You'll Need:
1 large head Cauliflower (cut into florets, about 6 cups florets)
3 tbsp Olive oil (divided)
3/4 tsp Sea Salt (divided into 1/4 tsp and 1/2 tsp)
4 cloves Garlic
1 small Onion
3 small Potatoes
4 cups Vegetable Broth
1 tbsp Vegan sour cream (or more if you like it more creamy)
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
2. Chopped up potatoes, one garlic, and cauliflower.
3. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes until browned on the edges and very soft.
4. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the rest of chopped garlic and onions. Saute for about 1 - 2 minute, until fragrant.
5. Remove veggies from oven. Add the vegetable broth and roasted cauliflower & potatoes to pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes.
6. Remove from stove and add broth and veggies to a high speed blender.
7. Add in nutritional yeast, salt and pepper
8. Blend on high for 2 - 3 mins until smooth (BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN BLENDING --- IT'S GOING TO BE HOT)
9. Once completed blended, add liquid to pot and bring to a slow boil (low heat)
10. Add in vegan sour cream & give it a good stir
Spoon into a soup bowl , top with roasted cauliflower and ENJOY!!!
- Save a few roasted cauliflower florets from the pot before you add them to the vegetable broth to use as a garnish. They add an extra burst of flavor and texture! YUM!
- Remove potatoes to make this a super keto low carb soup
- You can definitely freeze this soup, BUT be sure it is completely cooled before freezing
- If you don't want it too creamy or thick, add in a bit of your favorite plant based milk